23 August, 2008

Starting Up



Intros...

Well lets get the formalities out of the way, and I do feel kind of awkward doing this, like meeting your girlfriend's dad for the first time I feel pangs, anyway here's the lowdown.
1) I'm a West Ham fan and have been since around 1992.
2) I'm not much of a rumour updater, although I may use this blog to vent about possible rumours, but it'll probably be pre and post match commentary, with attacks on what I think we're doing wrong, and cheers about what we're doing right.
3) I probably drink too much and am scared that I may drunk-blog, which could be as bad as drunk texting the ex, but possibly this is a sad reflection that instead of downing a kebab after one too many of the black stuff I'd rather attempt to write.
4) World affairs interest me.
5) I'm an Ex-pat at the moment, and currently residing in Washington DC
6) I'm a West Ham fan and have been since around 1992.

WHU vs Man City

Tomorrow sees our brave boys venture up to the northern badlands in an attempt to take 3 points and a possible 6 point lead on Tottscum. I almost choked today from laughing after watching the demise of that terrible war crime THFC, with Jenas running around like a headless chicken and Ramos completely devoid of emotion.

Anyway, aside from my near death experience I have a bad feeling about the City game. Wigan last week proved to be a bigger test than it should have been, and we really haven't been updated on the probability of seeing Deano this Sunday. City though, seem to have a couple of people out through injury, and we, for the most part, have a decent amount of people healthy. Fire power will be key for us, because with a hapless Davenport at the back, we must surely expect to concede at least one goal. Fair play to the lad though, not everyone would snap their necks and then decide to get a head on every aerial ball within 10 yards of Rob Green. We need Deano, and personally I'd like to see Sears get a start, as I think it would be closer to the dynamic of a Deano - Bellamy strike-force which Curbs intends to continue when our Welsh dragon gets fit again. But we'll more likely see Cole who does put in a good work rate - bless his little cotton socks.

Etherington should also feature, because if LBM gets another 5 minutes in a WHU shirt Russia may invade Upton Park stating that Curbs has broken human rights laws. Parker and Noble will have to step up their game and control the midfield, and hopefully we'll see more of Faubert's progression - he seems to be looking like a good little player, and possibly the play-maker that we need after not replacing Yossi.

Valon Pepperami should also see a start and give us another good look at him (although I'm more partial to look at his misses, what a fitty). Rounding off the defence will be the aforementioned Davenport, the rock Upson, and our token Aussie Lucas who needs to get his head straight after an underachieving campaign last season.

I'm a West Ham fan, which means I always dream of winning but know what it is to lose, I predict 2-1 Irons but expect 2-1 City.

That's all for now, not the best inaugural post I know, I'll be back after the game tomorrow with more.

No comments: